Saturday, September 18, 2010

Complications, Complications

The Army is sending Donald to BNOC (leadership training) smack dab in the middle of our "most likely to travel to Ukraine" timeframe. He'll leave in late March and return in May.

Assuming we FINALLY get this physical situation sorted out, our documents would (we assume) be translated and submitted in November-ish.

After reading other Ukrainian-adoption-bloggers timelines', that would have us receiving an SDA appointment somewhere between February and May.



I ran my first 5k this morning (a big deal for me), then we went to the Puyallup fair, and then we went shopping. It was a full day... a perfect day.

Until we came home and found this out.

BNOC is a school required for soldiers after they are promoted to SSG. He was promoted back in 2006, but due to deployments, other training, 2 moves, and one paperwork mix-up, he has yet to be sent. If he had recently been promoted, they would likely allow him to push it out by another few months, but that's looking unlikely right now.

I consider myself to be a very optimistic and generally happy person, but I feel so defeated. The past 2 months have consisted of one depressing setback after another, and I've never felt so discouraged.

Ultimately, I know everything will unfold in the way God intends... but when life is continually so complicated, it makes me believe that He is paying extra attention to our life. As if he's taking more time to orchestrate things in the most intricate, detailed, and, well - COMPLICATED way possible.

And right now, I don't find that the slightest bit comforting. I should, but I don't.
I'm working on that.

1 comment:

  1. Just happened on your blog, but wanted to let you know that Ukraine will allow just one spouse to travel for an adoption. It is not preferred, but it can work.

    ReplyDelete