Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Physical Tomorrow! Yay! EXCEPT that...

MY PHYSICAL IS TOMORROW!

FINALLY!


Okay, so technically I only have a "new patient appointment" with my doctor (which I made a month-ish ago), and I've been told that they typically do not perform physicals if it's a patient's first visit... but I'm going into their office tomorrow with complete confidence, assuming that they'll give me what I need. If I meet any resistance, I will very sweetly and charmingly DEMAND that she signs off on my paperwork, and will proceed to have a complete meltdown until they sign my documents or call security.
It sounds like a good enough plan to me.

Donald is in the Olympic mountains with a friend this week, going on some manly hiking/camping trip, and it's not possible to contact him. So... if things go badly tomorrow, I'm grateful to have 2 loving dogs to come home and cry at.

Now that my physical will be out of the way, we're at the end of our homestudy, and will soon be able to get documents translated! YAY!

EXCEPT that...

we've recently been informed that there's a small chance Donald will deploy in February for a year. Yep after being gone 12 months, and then home for 6, he might be gone for 12 more. It's a "very small chance", but we've learned that there is no such thing as SMALL CHANCES with the Army, so we're waiting to dish out the $4,500 for translation until we know for sure that we will actually be able to complete this adoption.

Hopefully they'll let us know soon either way.

*forced optimistic army wife smile*

Oh, this blog... it reveals the most stressful bits of my life.
On all non-adoption levels, life is nearly perfect right now. No major complaints at all. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment